By Chris Chumley
We’re a technology company that gets financial aid—our platform speaks the language of ISIRs, SAP, PJs, and PPY. Our mission is to make financial aid awesome through extraordinary software. And we use Microsoft tools and technologies to do it.
We build all of our FinAid solutions to take advantage of the Cloud because it allows us to focus on innovative business solutions. From the beginning we chose—deliberately and strategically—to use Microsoft Azure as our cloud platform because we saw benefits in terms of speed, security, and scalability for our customers:
Financial Aid offices are busy and they need to move quickly when responding to ED updates, compliance changes and more. Being nimble in development, focusing on the right areas to improve, and releasing code quickly all help our customers do their jobs seamlessly.
- Microsoft’s Tech Stack: We use Microsoft’s technology stack—.Net, IIS, SQLServer, Team Foundation Server (TFS)—to build our Financial Aid platform. The integrated way that Microsoft’s tools work together to provide rich functionality for building resilient web applications saves CampusLogic developers time.
- Cloud-First: Our platform is written cloud-first on Microsoft Windows Azure Platform (PaaS). Azure allows us to spend more time developing innovative business solutions and less time building and managing a server infrastructure. Deploying new environments both for QA and for customers is quick and painless with Azure.
Protecting student data is paramount to CampusLogic, and Microsoft Azure is a leader in its commitment to the protection and privacy of your data and services. The Azure platform provides a world-class level of infrastructure security to our customers—at a price point most Colleges and Universities couldn’t otherwise afford. Microsoft Azure brings customers:
- Security Development Lifecycle (SDL): SDL is Microsoft’s mandatory, industry-leading assurance process that builds security into Azure from the ground up.
- Data Encryption in Transit: Azure uses industry-standard secure transport protocols such as IPsec and SSL/TLS between user devices and Microsoft data centers and within data centers themselves.
- Data Encryption at Rest: All student data and documents are stored using AES-256 encryption that is FIPS 140-2 compliant.
- Azure Key Vault: Provides easy and cost-effective simplification of key management and control of keys used by cloud apps and services to encrypt data.
- Third-party security certifications met:
- ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27018
- SOC 1 and SOC 2
- SSAE 16/ISAE 3402
Microsoft Azure’s Platform-as-a-Service allows us to grow or scale our systems to meet customer demand efficiently, quickly, and at a lower cost than a traditional data center. We pass the savings realized from scalability directly on to our customers, who also benefit from CampusLogic’s ability to:
- Easily expand the capacity of our infrastructure
- Easily increase the power of our servers, virtually
- Instantly increase the number of servers we use
- Set dynamic provisioning of additional capacity automatically to expand and contract based upon demand, not capacity
- Reduce staffing costs for operations
Helping the FinAid World Get “Ready for 10”
In addition to using Microsoft’s technology to build our software solutions, we also insure that our customers can take advantage of Microsoft Windows and Browsers. In fact, we are one of the first in higher education to certify our products are compatible with the IE 11 and Edge Browsers and that we are “Ready for 10” so our customers can move to Windows 10 without worry.
CampusLogic + Microsoft = A Solid Strategy
Microsoft technologies and CampusLogic’s expertise in Software-as-a-Service and Financial Aid combine to create solutions for the Financial Aid Office that create efficiencies, drive enrollment, and provide an industry-leading student experience. Our mission is to make financial aid awesome for schools and students by building solutions that make financial aid easy, mobile, and personalized. Microsoft technologies are a big part of our success.